Hi-Precision is your one-stop diagnostic centre offering drug testing services by hair analysis. Our drug testing center comes fully equipped with modern tools and laboratory apparatuses to carry out tests such as enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA) and gas chromatography-mass spectometry (GC-MS). Our hair follicle tests are especially effective in detecting drug molecules, including amphetamine, opiate and cocaine, for up to 90 days after drug intake. Learn more about the composition and methods of our drug testing services below, or call us at 8741-7777.
TEST: Hair Drug Test 17-Panel
OTHER TEST REQUEST NAME: Drug Test
5. Extended Opiate
Detection of drug molecules embedded in the hair.
Screening Method of Testing: ELISA
Gas Chromatography/Mass Spectrometry
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS/PATIENT PREPARATIONS:
Hair Specimen Transport (HST);
Hair Specimen Pouch
Kit provided by HPD.
SPECIMEN AND VOLUME REQUIREMENT:
Note: Follow tube manufacturer recommendation:
Head Hair: 20.30 strands of hair from five (5) small areas along the part line at the crown.
Total of 90-120 strands of hair.
Body Hair: Size of common 1" cotton ball collected from several areas of the body (including facial)
Note: Hair follicle drug testing can also be done on hair samples not directly harvested from the patient by collectors from HPD (for example, hair from hair brush, pillows, etc. brought in by concerned relatives), but the patient's name in the results form will only be recorded as ANONYMOUS.
ALTERNATIVE SPECIMEN AND VOLUME REQUIREMENT:
• ROOM TEMPERATURE (15-25°C): Not Applicable
• REFRIGERATED TEMPERATURE (2-8°C): Not applicable
• FREEZER TEMPERATURE (-20°C): Not applicable
Transport specimen at 15°C -25 °C (room temperature)
• Send completely sealed Transport Bag containing Hair Specimen Pouch and copy 1 (white copy) of Custody and Control Form to HPD Main for daily shipment to referral lab
• If head and body hair has been mixed in one collection pouch.
• If sample was collected from just one area. Must collect from at least 5 areas.
• Incorrect information on the Chain and Custody Form
• More than one (1) HST per Hair Specimen Pouch
• Artificial/ Synthetic hair
RUNNING DAY: Batch running
CUT OFF TIME: 2:00 pm
TAT/RELEASING OF RESULTS: 14 working days (excluding Saturdays, Sundays and Holidays)
REFERENCE INTERVAL/RESULT INTERPRETATION: Not Applicable
• The cut-off levels used by Omega Laboratories for hair testing are based on the Federal Recommendations issued April 2004. Our interpretation of these levels is that they are designed to catch repeat usage - IE a single usage of a drug may not result in a positive hair test.
• Since hair testing covers a much longer timeframe than urine (90 days vs. 2 - 3 days for drugs), the intent is to show more of a pattern or lifestyle choice of usage. While a negative hair test cannot necessarily be used to disprove a laboratory-confirmed positive urine test, it can still show that the donor is at least not a chronic or frequent user of the drug.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQS):
Q: What types of drug testing does Hi-Precision have?
A: Urine and hair follicle drug testing
Q: What is Hair Follicle Drug Testing?
A: It measures the drug molecules embedded in the hair. Results cannot be altered by external factors such as chemicals or shampoos.
Q: What is the difference of hair follicle vs urine drug testing?
A: Hair follicle drug testing has a wider window of detection and test cannot be tampered.
Q: What time period does hair follicle drug testing cover?
A: Standard of 90 days unlike urine samples which are very variable - from days to weeks only.
Q: How soon after drug use can the drug be detected in hair?
A: Approximately 7-10 days from time of drug use.
Q: Can we collect hair samples on our own without the patient's knowledge?
A: Yes, as long as it meets standard requirement of 90-120 hair strands. The sample will be named as Anonymous.